525 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the entire state of Montana as of June 7, 2020 [reference]
What will be open beginning June 8?
- On Monday, June 8 the park will open the west gate entrance at West Glacier. The gate will be open until 4:30 pm each day until operations are extended.
- Visitors will be able to access Apgar and Going-to-the-Sun Road as far as Lake McDonald Lodge.
- Going-to-the-Sun will open to hiker/biker traffic as conditions allow. Check the park website for updates.
- Visitors will be able to access restrooms and trails that are accessible from open park roads.
- Private businesses in Apgar Village may decide to operate.
- The park is targeting to have personal boating on Lake McDonald and aquatic invasive species inspection stations open. Check the park website for updates.
What will remain closed until later phases of the plan?
- East entrances from the Blackfeet Reservation will remain closed. The park is consulting with the Blackfeet Tribal Business Council to establish reopening dates for entrances from the reservation.
- Visitor Centers and Ranger Stations will remain closed until later in the season.
- Overnight accommodations will be unavailable until later in the season.
- Campgrounds, backcountry permits, additional stores, expanded tours, takeout food service, and visitor centers will remain closed. These services and/or facilities will open when safe and appropriate mitigation measures are in place.
- Hotels, full-service dining, commercial tour buses, and ranger programs will remain closed. These services and/or facilities will reopen when health conditions allow.
- Visitor Transportation Service (shuttles) will not be offered this season due to social distancing requirements in according with Center for Disease guidance on transit.